We have trained thousands of pharmacists since 2015!!
What this course covers: This course is comprehensive and covers all of the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Vaccination Training for administering the NHS and private influenza vaccine. This includes:
- Injection technique training in adults, children, and infants – both theoretical knowledge and practical face-to-face injection administration training
- Basic Life Support theoretical knowledge & practical face-to-face CPR training
- Anaphylaxis theoretical knowledge and use of adrenaline injections
- Influenza disease knowledge and vaccine information (including the nasal flu vaccine)
This course covers the NHS seasonal influenza vaccination programme and PGD. It also provides information on private PGD and PSD services and delegates can go on to immediately purchase low cost PGD’s and PSDs from our accredited partner organisations.
For 2020 we are also including FREE access to our comprehensive Travel Vaccination course which covers 12 travel diseases an associated vaccine administration. Access to Travel vaccine PGDs and PSDs from our accredited partner organisations
How this course is delivered:
This course is delivered in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Online learning: This is delivered by easy to use digital learning modules using comprehensive high quality video presentations and demonstrations
Step 2: Face-to-face learning workshop: At the workshop you will have ample opportunity to practice and demonstrate your competence in injection administration using injection pads and syringes, and, CPR using in CPR dummies.
Step 3: Online assessment & Certificate: You will be given access to a short online assessment, after which you will be awarded with a certificate of course completion
Who is this course suitable for:
This course is suitable all health care professionals including Pharmacists and Nurses who are:
- new to vaccination, and never vaccinated before
- who are experienced and require a face-to-face refresher
- who have had previous training but require an update
Please note: Bookings will only be confirmed once payment has been received. Fees are non-refundable – if you are unable to attend you can send a colleague in your place. Prices exclude vat, this will be added on the payment page.
Our courses are up to date and meet the guidelines of Public Health England National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for vaccination training. More informaiton about the standards can be found here.