We are delighted to announce our new, up to date COVID-19 vaccination training course. Our course is comprehensive and meets the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for vaccination training.
What this course covers:
This course is comprehensive and covers all of the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Vaccination Training for administering the NHS COVID-19 vaccine. It is suitable for health care professionals and non-health care professionals who are supporting the national vaccine programme.
The course includes:
- Injection technique training in adults, children, and infants – theoretical knowledge & video learning
- Basic Life Support theoretical knowledge & video learning
- Anaphylaxis theoretical knowledge and use of adrenaline injections
- COVID-19 disease knowledge and vaccine information
How this course is delivered:
This course is delivered in 2 simple steps:
Step 1: Online learning: This is delivered by easy to use digital learning modules using comprehensive high quality video presentations and demonstrations
Step 2: Online assessment & Certificate: You will be given access to a short online assessment, after which you will be awarded with a certificate of course completion
Who is this course suitable for:
This course is suitable all health care professionals including Pharmacists and Nurses who are:
- new to vaccination, and want to learn about travel vaccines (please note you must attend also face-to-face practical training before you can vaccinate)
- experienced and require a refresher
- who have had previous training but require an update
The course is also suitable for other health care professionals and non-health care professionals who are supporting the national vaccine program. We have kept it simple for vaccinators to refresh their knowledge, with an easy to use, comprehensive online course where you can download a certificate immediately after completing a short online test.
Whilst the online course is aimed at those who have completed a face-to-face training workshop already and who would like to update their knowledge, it can be used by those who intend to attend a face-to-face workshop (the face-to-face workshops are available as part of our Flu Jab Training course – please click here for more information on these).
Public Health England (NHS) recommends that those that vaccinate should update their knowledge annually.